Welcome! Need a project-based writer, editor or editorial consultant to help manage your company’s content needs with experience and professionalism, attention to customer service and a passion for doing the best job possible? If we haven’t met, my name is Connie Sue White. After spending a majority of my career working full time for various consumer magazine publishing companies as a journalist, writer and editor, I had an incredible opportunity to start my own business a few years ago as a content specialist providing businesses with an array of professional print and digital content services. So here I am, ready to assist! In the meantime, visit my Portfolio to view a sampling of interview profiles, feature articles, column articles and blogs that I’ve written. See my resume and client testimonials for more information about my work.
HOW I CAN HELP
As an experienced content specialist for both b2b and consumer audiences, C.S. White, LLC, provides professional print and digital content services that include:
Blogging • Content Marketing • Copy Editing & Proofreading • Editorial Management & Production • Newsletters • Feature & Column Writing • Magazines • Manuscript Editing • Marketing White Papers • Photography • Press Releases • Social Media • Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Policies & Procedural & Training • Website Content
Highly energetic self-starter who thrives in dynamic, cooperative, multi-project/platform, solutions-driven environments. Digital and print content experience ranges from managing editor for consumer and trade magazines as well as city and international consumer brands to technical writer/editor for healthcare industry. Able to adapt writing style and knowledge to fit subject matter, and work with SMEs to create seamless content. Authored and published content across multiple industries, including arts and culture, aviation, business, food, healthcare and compliance, tourism and travel. Proven track record of managing content projects and publications on time and within budget, identifying cost savings where applicable and working through challenging situations with a successful outcome in a fast-paced environment. Traveled extensively throughout the United States, Caribbean, Europe, and Central and South America. Write and maintain my personal blog, with emphasis on travel and photography, and create and publish Letters by C.S. White, a newsletter featuring tips and reviews on travel, grammar, reading material and apps.
Content Specialist, writing, editing, content management, and photography projects for various industries and clients, short-term to ongoing (listed below). — C.S. White, LLC, Orlando, FL, 10/12 to present
- ARTS & CULTURE — managing, editing and writing editorial content for bimonthly Orlando Arts Magazine for Visit Orlando in partnership with United Arts of Central Florida.
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT — digital content for Orange County Communications Division; proofing agenda development content for Board of County Commissioners meetings and proclamations for the Orange County Administrator and Mayor’s offices;
- HEALTHCARE & COMPLIANCE — Internal policies & procedures (e.g., HIPAA, HR, IT, Quality & Safety, RCM) and blog content for pharmaceutical companies, such as nuclear pharmacy Triad Isotopes, Inc., startup Vivaleas US, and Kroger Specialty Pharmacy; marketing features and white papers for Florida Hospital Innovation Lab; produce, edit and write monthly electronic newsletter for scientific and regulatory consultant agency Burdock Group;
- INTERIOR DESIGN — marketing communications for SoCo Interiors;
- TOURISM/DESTINATION MARKETING ORGANIZATION — editing, writing and managing editorial content for weekly tourism industry eNewsletter, various print publications as well as training material for top DMO Visit Orlando; and
- VETERINARY ASSOCIATION — writing conference articles for North American Veterinary Community
Managing Editor/Writer, various brands across multiple platforms produced by Bonnier Corp, including Flying magazine, weekly e-newsletter and overseeing the Bonnier Dive Group’s three titles (Sport Diver, Scuba and Undersea Journal). — Bonnier Corp., Winter Park, FL, 7/07 to 9/12
Facilitator, monthly idea exchange forum for 10 Marine and Aviation brands, with focus on digital initiatives, SEO training and contracts and licensing. — Bonnier Corp., Winter Park, FL, 10/11 to 7/12
University of Florida — Bachelor of Science, Journalism
Private Pilot Certificate — January 2012
Writing Samples — Available at bycswhite.com/portfolio
A company’s needs may vary, from only needing 1x copy editing and writing services to writing content on a regular basis for a website or entire project immersion and oversight. As a result, C.S. White, LLC, quotes vary according to the need/project scope and are based upon professionally accepted rates, such as those listed by the Editorial Freelancers Association.